Narcotics Anonymous UK - click here to return to front page

Helpline: 10.00am - midnight
0300 999 1212

Online meetings on this website Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, & Saturdays at 7.30pm

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
116's picture
Online meetings on this website Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, & Saturdays at 7.30pm

For members who cannot attend a meeting in person, or Newcomers who aren't yet ready for that, we have virtual (voice only) meetings online - NO REGISTRATION REQUIRED

Online meetings every Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday, 7.30pm London time.
at
ukna.org/onlinemeeting

All you have to do is choose a username & accept when we ask to use your microphone.

Always make sure to select ALLOW if the Flash Player Settings box prompts you before you join a video conference. This is important, if you select DENY then NO SOUND will function in the meeting! We don't use Video, but still press ALLOW.

Make sure that no other applications are using the camera/mic feeds (Skype, Facetime, MSN messenger, Camera Software etc) before you log into your meeting. Check you haven't muted your microphone/speakers in another application. 

If megameeting doesn't work in one browser, it often works in another (Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome or Opera)

Please watch these videos BEFORE the meeting:
Demo of joining meeting ---- Demo of meeting interface ---- Volume settings troubleshooter

Make sure you have the latest versions of both your browser and of the Adobe Flash Player. You can check http://www.adobe.com for the newest version of Flash Player.

116's picture
revised meeting format

The meetings are every Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday at 7.30pm London time. The room will open at around 7.15pm & closes around 9.00pm - If you visit out of these hours the room won't be moderated, so please act responsibly.

If you need to speak to someone urgently, please call the UKNA Helpline number 0300 999 1212 between 10am and 12am 7 days a week.

Just a reminder of some suggestions we @ NA have found to be helpful… • Avoid People, Places, and Things You Used With/At • Come Early and Stay Late • Don't Use and Go to Meetings • Get and Use a Sponsor • Get a Home Group *Keep Coming Back, IT Works • 90 meetings in 90 Days • Use the Phone, your IM, your emails addresses

ANNOUNCEMENTS TO OCCASIONALLY PASTE IN THE CHAT BOX

***** MAIN SHARE MEETINGS ***** 

We have a 'Main Share' meeting on the last Saturday of every month. Please join us to hear NA members share their stories of experience, strength and hope. 

If you would like to share your story of experience, strength and hope at one of our Main Share Meetings, please email: [email protected] 

The next main share meeting will be held on the:

**** [[INSERT DATE]] at 7:30pm - 9pm London Time.**** 

If you need to speak to someone urgently, please call the UKNA Helpline number 0300 999 1212 between 10am and 12am 7 days a week.

DO YOU WANT TO DO SERVICE ONLINE?

We need volunteers to help run these meetings. If you'd like to be involved please send an email to:

[email protected]

Please remember to MUTE your microphone when you're not speaking, as otherwise we can get feedback

If you are using a laptop, and want to make the Public Chat box bigger, click on those three parallel lines to the right of the words Public Chat. A menu will appear so choose 'Switch to Chat Window'. You can then make the window bigger, (drag the bottom-right corner down and right), and also choose the size of the text in 'Options'. If you're using a mobile device this is not possible.

Please keep the public chat box recovery focused at all times and limit posts when other members are sharing. Thank you.

NOTE: Please avoid typing anything in the Public Chat Box while people are reading one of the readings at the beginning or the end of the meeting as this causes the text to jump and people to lose their place. If you are logged into the meeting from a Laptop or Desktop it is better to read from the NoteBoard as the text there remains static. Mobile users do not have this choice unfortunately.                            ______________________________________________

If you're having any problems: connection, sound, etc., please PM me by clicking on my username in the box on the right and choose PRIVATE CHAT, or if you are on a mobile device you can email us at [email protected]

If the mic/sound is not working for you, try turning skype ON, adjust volume & microphone then EXIT skype,

Or try another browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, etc.) which might have slightly different security settings.

Still got sound problems? Click on any of the links below you feel will be most useful:

Setting & Sound Problems 

Demo for Joining the Online Meeting 

Demo for clearing your Cache (older computers) 

ONLINE MEETINGS

Online NA Meetings help carry the message to addicts and are sometimes the only meetings some addicts can attend for a variety of reasons. If this is your first online meeting and you would like to attend more meetings online, you are welcome to follow the links below:

The Highlands & Islands Group of Narcotics Anonymous 

NA Australia 

**** NA LITERATURE **** 

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR DOWNLOADABLE NA LITERATURE AND PAMPHLETS ON THE NA.ORG WEBSITE

MEETING FORMAT

PREAMBLE

Welcome to the 7.30 meeting of NA online. We start with a moments silence...

WHO IS AN ADDICT

Most of us do not have to think twice about this question. WE KNOW! Our whole life and thinking was cantered in drugs in one form or another, the getting and using and finding ways and means to get more.  We lived to use and used to live. Very simply, an addict is a man or woman whose life is controlled by drugs. We are people in the grip of a continuing and progressive illness whose ends are always the same:

Jails, institutions and death.

WHAT IS THE NA PROGRAM

What is the NA program? N.A. is a non-profit fellowship or society of men and women for whom drugs had become a major problem.  We are recovering addicts who meet regularly to help each other stay clean.  This is a program of complete abstinence from all drugs. There is only ONE requirement for membership, the desire to stop using. We suggest that you keep an open mind and give yourself a break. Our program is a set of principles written so simply that we can follow them in our daily lives. The most important thing about them is that THEY WORK.

There are no strings attached to N.A. We are not affiliated with any other organizations, we have no initiation fees or dues, no pledges to sign, no promises to make to anyone. We are not connected with any political, religious or law enforcement groups, and are under no surveillance at any time. Anyone may join us, regardless of age, race, sexual identity, creed, religion or lack of religion.

We are not interested in what or how much you used or who your connections were, what you have done in the past, how much or how little you have, but only in what you want to do about your problem and how we can help. The newcomer is the most important person at any meeting, because we can only keep what we have by giving it away. We have learned from our group experience that those who keep coming to our meetings regularly, stay clean.

(optional)

HOW IT WORKS

If you want what we have to offer, and are willing to make the effort to get it, then you are ready to take certain steps. These are the principles that made our recovery possible:

1. We admitted that we were powerless over our addiction, that our lives had become unmanageable.

2. We came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

3. We made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.

4. We made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.

5. We admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.

6. We were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.

7. We humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.

8. We made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.

9. We made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.

10. We continued to take personal inventory, and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.

11. We sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

This sounds like a big order, and we can't do it all at once. We didn't become addicted in one day, so remember - EASY DOES IT.

There is one thing more than anything else that will defeat us in our recovery; this is an attitude of indifference or intolerance toward spiritual principles. Three of these that are indispensable are honesty, open-mindedness and willingness. With these we are well on our way. We feel that our approach to the disease of addiction is completely realistic, for the therapeutic value of one addict helping another is without parallel. We feel that our way is practical, for one addict can best understand and help another addict. We believe that the sooner we face our problems within our society, in everyday living, just that much faster do we become acceptable, responsible, and productive members of that society. The only way to keep from returning to active addiction is not to take that first drug. If you are like us you know that one is too many and a thousand never enough. We put great emphasis on this, for we know that when we use drugs in any form, or substitute one for another, we release our addiction all over again.

Thinking of alcohol as different from other drugs has caused a great many addicts to relapse. Before we came to NA, many of us viewed alcohol separately, but we cannot afford to be confused about this. Alcohol is a drug. We are people with the disease of addiction who must abstain from all drugs in order to recover.

JUST FOR TODAY READING | MEETING TOPIC

CLICK HERE FOR TODAY'S READING 

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE JUST FOR TODAY DAILY READINGS 

SHARING TIME:

When sharing we suggest you turn off your TV or Radio so we can hear you.  We would kindly ask that you limit yourself from “drugalogs”, remembering we may have newcomers & those who are just coming back from a relapse. You are welcome to share about whatever is affecting you or your recovery.

Please keep the public chat box recovery focused and limit posts when other members are sharing.  When you are not speaking, we recommend you mute your microphone as we sometimes get feedback from open microphones and please don't interrupt when other members are sharing.

IMPORTANT: Please respect the anonymity of members who share in the meeting. Thank you.

__________________________________________

END OF SHARING TIME.

That brings us to the end of sharing time but not the end of the meeting.

Keyrings: We celebrate cleantime with claps & *virtual* ((hugs)).

**** Is there anyone here tonight who would like to join NA and pick up a White (Virtual) Keyring? ****

Is anyone celebrating a clean time milestone today or this week for:

30 days?

60 days?

90 days?

Six months?

Nine months?

One year?

Eighteen months?

Multiple years? 

Keep coming back y'all!

Some final readings to close the meeting:

WE DO RECOVER                  

When at the end of the road we find that we can no longer function as a human being, either with or without drugs, we all face the same dilemma. What is there left to do?

There seems to be this alternative: either go on as best we can to the bitter ends-jails, institutions, or death - or find a new way to live.               

In years gone by, very few addicts ever had this last choice. Those who are addicted today are more fortunate. For the first time in man’s entire history, a simple way has been proving itself in the lives of many addicts. It is available to us all. This is a simple spiritual - not religious - program, known as Narcotics Anonymous.               

JUST FOR TODAY

WE Version                

Just for today OUR thoughts will be on OUR recovery, living and enjoying life without the use of drugs.                  

Just for today WE will have faith in someone in NA who believes in US and wants to help US in OUR recovery.                

Just for today WE will have a program. WE will try to follow it to the best of OUR ability.                       

Just for today through NA WE will try to get a better perspective on OUR lives.                     

Just for today WE will be unafraid, OUR thoughts will be on OUR new associations, people who are not using and who have found a new way of life.                 

So long as WE follow that way, WE have nothing to fear. 

ME Version

JUST FOR TODAY my thoughts will be on my recovery, living and enjoying life without the use of drugs.                     

JUST FOR TODAY I will have faith in someone in NA who believes in me and wants to help me in my recovery.                      

JUST FOR TODAY I will have a program. I will try to follow it to the best of my ability.                              

JUST FOR TODAY, through NA, I will try to get a better perspective on my life.                     

JUST FOR TODAY I will be unafraid. My thoughts will be on my new associations, people who are not using and who have found a new way of life.                        

So long as I follow that way, I have nothing to fear.

THE SERENITY PRAYER

Using the word God, as you do or do not understand it:

God,

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

courage to change the things I can,

and the wisdom to know the difference.

It works IF YOU WORK IT so work it 'cause you're worth it.

KEEP COMING BACK!

wishing you a clean day, 

Search for Meetings here 

&

Online meetings here

Customize This